Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Eco Trip, a Florida Beach Painting of Kayaks on Sand by Judy Batterson


When I discovered the colorful kayaks pulled up on the sand of an island on the Intracoastal Waterway, I loved the scene! I took lots of photos because I was in a boat viewing it, and then I painted the scene in the studio. The intriguing part of this was that it was so still, hot and calm that day, and there were no clues to the whereabouts of the people. I found out later that the Marine Discovery Center in Volusia County had sent volunteers out to search for turtle nests. Although I have posted this painting before, I am reposting it because it has been chosen for the Biennial VI Exhibit at the Museum of Florida Art in DeLand, FL. Exhibit runs from Nov. 11 to March 4, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment