Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Walk in the Park, a Florida oil landscape by Judy Batterson


This is another painting in my "springtime in Florida" series with a focus on the yellow tabebuia tree. This tree blooms brilliant
yellow petals which fall to the ground below. There are many types of tabebuia trees, but the yellow is my favorite. This painting captures a memory of a springtime walk in Leu Gardens. Impasto brushstrokes built up the petals. 12 x 12" oil on board, $350 and beautifully framed.
For more Florida landscapes, visit www.judybatterson.com

1 comment:

  1. I found your lovely work on google images...I too love those trees, art, and live in Florida. Hope you do not mind, but I used this image giving a link back here...http://graceglimmers.wordpress.com/2014/03/30/hope-and-healing-through-gods-word-and-his-creation/

    ReplyDelete